Tuesday 4 March 2008

still deaf

and in pain :( taken 6 antibiotics so far and still have this loud buzzingy/hissy kinda noise in my right ear. nic phoned earlier and i couldnt hear a bloody thing through my right ear. this is not fun. i was actually worried about laying down to sleep as sunday night i had to sleep sitting up and all my naps (of which there were several) were all sitting up because laying down the pressure increased in my head and my ear started hot shooting pains down my neck and into my head. i dont like this.
roast chicken dinner tonight and paul is just stripping the bones to go into the slow cooker for making stock over night. i love free meals!! bit bored of risotta now, gotta find something else to make with it. thinking maybe spanish garlic chicken, i can stick that in the slow cooker tomorrow and bugger off out for the day if the weather holds. did a load of cleaning today, if i get my arse into gear earlier enough, i will get the bathrooms done and food in slowy and out before lunch.
i also have a mountain of orders to fill! but no time. i remember when i am on school run, or up to eyeballs in washing or similar. need more hours in the day, yes yes, i could be doing it now, only i cant get into the garage as there has just been a load of stuff dumped there which will be moved tomorrow, so maybe then ....... maybe!
been thinking about stuff today, when i drove to the school this morning i noticed the trees at the darbys corner roundabout were starting to bloom. last year the whole roundabout was covered in blossom when such a dear dear friend was sent starside. he was the sweetest man and i always wished he could have been my dad. he had more time and endless patiences and always a kind word or something encouraging to say. i took my poetry over to him one day, read him some of it. he told me how good he thought it was, what his favourate was and that i should read it to my dad. i tried, but my dad wasnt interested. it was because of this man that i went to malaysia. his passing broke a huge chunk off my heart, my paul thought that having the trip to look forward to would help me heal and it did. yes, willowc, your pappy.
although i lost so much more last year, this was just the tip of the iceburg. the blossom on that roundabout will forever mean the anniversary of his depature. its still a couple of week until his birthday, but i shall toast him with a large whiskey when it turns.
got a new phone too, far too hard for my girl brain to work out tho ...... must get new tiknulijee chip installed me thinks.

2 comments:

WillowC said...

That story made me smile, I'm glad he did that for you. I know he always thought the world of you. Pappy brought out the best in all of us. The world is less rosy without him and missing him makes my heart hurt.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s. Big kisses for your poor ear.
p.p.s. What about coq au vin? Funny food though, Nanny would never have approved.

Mabel Morris-Minor said...

sarah, you made hatty cry!! yes, he did, didnt he, makes my heart hurt too. next time you are down, i i think we should go get plastered for him, what cha say????
thanks for kissies, still a hissing and buzzing, need to blast loud muzik to drown it out, beau is not impressed!
cock o van sounds a fine idea. going to see who i can find to donate a cock! i can see her looking at me very like i've just covered myself in french mustard and asked to be called dave!
lmao
thanks hunny
xxxxxx